Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Carnations...Colorful and Cost effective


When I met with Jessica, she knew exactly what she wanted. "Lavender carnations and ivory roses please." Carnations? Yes, carnations! Music to my ears! I was so happy to finally have someone request these beautiful flowers.


Carnations sometimes get a bad wrap. People often say "cheap" or "out of style". I love carnations because #1 they are long lasting and very heat resistant. #2 they come in a vast array of colors. #3 they are fragrant.


Long gone are the days when carnation choices were red, white or pink. Just look at this beautiful lavender color. They also come in the darkest, richest purple you've ever seen, lime green, the hottest of pinks and magentas, as well as variegated varieties and everything in between.


The bride chose to dress her bouquet up with some bling to match the accents on her gown. The bridesmaids carried cute, fluffy and full bouquets of all lavender carnations.


The carnations look great on their own or even mixed with other types of flowers as in this toss bouquet.



Close up of the boutonnieres. The groom matches his bride with a little bling and the g'men match the girls.








The Mothers corsages were double carnations with a little filler and foliage.



This was the arch at the
Old Homestead in Crockett. It is a very pretty property with a big house, huge deck under large trees and large garden. It is a very secluded outdoor setting in the East Bay.



The deck had the family tables and the cake. The centerpieces were low bowls that had floating carnations and roses with silver candles. A very light and fresh look for a beautiful summer day.

The happy couple left a great review that can be read below. Thanks J & K!


"My wedding was August 20, 2011. I found Lisa through this site and let me say she was AMAZING! Her prices are very reasonable, especially with this economy. She was very thorough when I met with her, listened to everything I wanted and was very accommodating. She sent me updated invoices and receipts with every change and payment I made over a 5 month span. The day of the wedding came and even with all of the hecticness (if that's even a word!) she still took the time to come in and say hello to me and wish me luck, which really meant a lot to this nervous bride! Her work was absolutely breathtaking! The flowers were beautiful and exceeding every expectation I had. The bouquets were simple, as I had requested, yet so very elegant and complimenting! The centerpieces were exactly as I wanted and the large arrangement on the arch was gorgeous! I cannot say thank you enough to her for making this one aspect of the wedding absolutely perfect and stress free! I will recommend her to everyone looking for a florist. GREAT JOB LISA!!"

No comments: