Tuesday, December 30, 2008

RED sure is the color of LOVE!



This past weekend was the beautiful winter wedding of J & J! I feel like I have been waiting all year for this one. Not only did I know it was going to be my last one of 2008, it was at the jaw dropping Culinary Institute of America in St. Helena. I could not wait to see the barrel room in all its glory. RED was the word of the day. It was absolutely stunning. The linens were red, the chair covers were red, the fabric draped on the ceiling was red, the flowers were red, even the lighting was red. The room was kept dark with spot lights on the tables. The ambiance was very romantic, but it wasn't the easiest light to set up in. My photos came out dark but you can see the red - love ambiance I'm talking about.


Sweetheart table complete with holly and silver snowflakes.



These candelabras were 5 ft. tall. There were 10 that lined the walk way for the guests to find their way through the barrel room to the ceremony. During dinner they were moved to the outer edges of the dining area. Each table had 4 votive candles on the table surrounding the cubes of red tulips.

Notice the spotlight on the center of each table adding to the dramatic look and feel. I look forward to posting some professional shots in a few weeks. Congratulations you two and what a perfect ending to a wonderful wedding year!

2 comments:

Jaime and Josh said...

Lisa :)
Thank you so much for all your AMAZING work!
I LOVED my flowers and am going to be recommending you to everyone I know!
Thank you!
Jaime & Josh Kaufman

floralisa said...

Jaime and Josh,
It was my pleasure to work with you. What a beautiful fairytale wedding you had. I am thrilled that you loved everything.
Best to you always,
Lisa